THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Scripture Series: God Maketh My Way Perfect Center Step Card---It's "Anything Goes" (Inspirational) Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Good morning, Crafty friends!  It's Wednesday once again and as always, here to feature another Card for Word Art Wednesday (WAW) Yesterday, I invited a friend to spend time with my family to thank her for just blessing our lives in many different ways.  We met in the Gym as we both go to the same fitness classes together.  What started as just a simple "Hi's and Hello's" before class has blossomed into a wonderful friendship that God has blessed.  You see, as a Born-again believer, we live a life that is fashioned not of worldly ways but a "Kingdom Citizen" lifestyle.  We didn't pay our way to a fashion and etiquette school to just train ourselves to act and think that way.   Many have tried that path and sure, they learned how to conduct themselves in public but when no one is around, they are back into the person they truly are.  That is because "true change" comes from within.  It comes by renewing our minds (taking in new thoughts) and acting on those new thoughts.  Whatever you allow yourself to be exposed to, that will shape your way of thinking.  Though people were made by God with conscience yet we see some who seem to not have one.  Why?  First, because of the Fall of Man in which our spirits were darkened and separated from God (Our True Source of Light) and the environment and culture to which we were born to and exposed to.  Hence, people uphold different values or the lack thereof.  Without God's Word, all hell will break loose as man is incapable of making selfless decisions for the benefit of everybody...Our fallen state gears us to be selfish, greedy, always thinking of what we can get first more than others.  But when the Word of God touched a person's life and grow inside a humble heart, it produces a change.  This change is first from within that challenges us and battles with every thought we got/get exposed to and brings it unto the Lordship and knowledge of God.  This is clear in 2 Corinthians 10:5 which tells us, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  This new found love and obedience to Christ changes us from within and bears fruit that is undeniably seen in the way we conduct the new life we received in Christ.  

I don't believe in accidents for God has purposed everything in my life before time.  So every friendship is a treasure as I begin to walk in the friendship the Lord had blessed me with by bringing another friend in my life.  Though she may have a smile on her face, she carries with her a burden brought about by people who professed they are serving God but treated her differently as she tried to discover her calling in the Church she used to visit.  She was there for 4 years and despite the indifference she experienced by some so-called elders of the Church, she was faithful to her task till she couldn't take it any longer.  I don't know the whole story but if there's any truth to what she shared with me, she is still carrying this heavy burden in her heart that time has not completely healed.  Of all people she could have made friends with, she chose to confide with me when she heard me say at one time, "I have a Church to go to, this evening!"  You see, I know that the Lord will use me mightily in this friend's life and help her get back on her feet by pointing her to the Word of God.  Many of us have trusted on relationships and connections  for our happiness but everything that is not built in Jesus Christ can easily crumble.  When people at our Church fails us, it does not mean that God failed us too.  We are to realize that each believer is still in the process of changing from glory to glory.  None of us have got it altogether till  we come face to face with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, then, the change is going to be complete.  We are not to trust man, instead TRUST GOD ALONE!  That way, we are not easily taken by emotional issues that stops us from our walk with the Lord. Here's some verses I want to share with you today to encourage you to walk in the path the Lord has set for you to travel:

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heartCommit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun."  (Psalm 37:4-6)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." (Romans 5:3-5)

Here's the card I made for your inspiration featuring the free Word Art we are highlighting today at WAWIt is in Psalm 18:32-33 which says, "It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places."  What an awesome scripture that tells us of what we possess as a child of God.  First, we are never out of strength as He is our Source.  I am simply a vessel in which the very strength and power of God flows. Since that is my reality, nothing that comes from that Source is in vain for He takes away everything in me that does not bear fruit and changes me from glory to glory till I come to the perfection of His likeness.  He gives us the power to reach new heights and upholds us with His power.  How awesome is that?  The time I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I know that anything that is asked of me to do is possible.  When someone ask me to pray, to lead a song, to fulfill a task for the Lord, I am able to do.  To say, "I cannot do it!" is not an option.  Why would it be when everything is made possible by God through me?  It is Him whose going to speak, sing, perform the task through me.  What am I going to be afraid of?  The key is knowing that in Christ, we are dead to ourselves and alive in Him.  Thus, this verse holds true to what we all are as we trust wholly in the Lord.  It's in Acts 17:28, "For in him we live and move and have our being."  I can take comfort in that. For my image, I used Sassy Cheryl's "Sassy Sally's Winter Morning Social" that I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor markers, and added some glitters (Stickles-Crystal). The base card is a white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5-inches (square) center step card.  My DP's are all from My Mind's Eye, the die-cut from using my Lacy Oval from Nestabilities, the border fence from MS Punch and the flower chip boards from Colorbok.  I finished it all up with stitching.  I really like the result.  Hope you like it too.


 GOD MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT CENTER STEP CARD:


 GOD MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT CENTER STEP CARD LAYERS:


 GOD MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT CENTER STEP CARD SIDE VIEW:


 GOD MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT CENTER STEP CARD INSIDE:


GOD MAKETH MY WAY PERFECT CENTER STEP CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's---Punches and/or Dies
Make It Monday---ATG
2 Sisters---ATG
Emerald Faeries---Sparkle
Artistic Inspirations---ATG
Brown Sugar---ATG
Cards Galore---Flowers
Challenges 4 Everybody---ATG
Color Me Creative---ATG
Crafter's Cafe---How Adorable
Created with Love---Sewing (Real or Faux)
DL.ART---ATG
Inky Impressions---Fall/Autumn
Inspire Me Fridays---ATG
Jo's Scrap Shack---Favorite Technique (Stitching)
Ladybug Crafts---Use Your Die-Cuts
My Craft Creations---ATG
My Heart Pieces---ATG
Paper Creators Crafts---Dies and/or Punches
Quirky Crafts---Favorite Things (Designer Papers, Stitching)
Scrapbook Stamp Society---ATG
Sister Act---ATG
Stampin' for the Weekend---ATG
SweetPea Stampers---Sparkle and Shine
Paper Girls---Sew It On
Sisterhood of Crafters---ATG
TTCRD---ATG
Craftitude---ATG/Things that starts with "S" (Stitching)
Anything Goes---ATG
Bearly Mine---ATG
Penny's Paper Crafty---ATG


This is all I have for now.  Don't forget to link our projects to our WAW Challenge this week.  You can use the free  scripture Word Art that I featured here by downloading it from our WAW site but not mandatory.  You can link upto 5 projects as long as it has family friendly, inspirational, uplifting message to it.  Our desire is to glorify the Lord so, some cards that are intended for Halloween may not fit the purpose so, please read the Challenge Rules before you submit your creation.  We don't want to remove any projects that does not meet the rules but sometimes, we have to.  We will be selecting 2 winners at the end of the week and will win fabulous prizes from our sponsors---Freckled Fawn ($15 GC) and Flying Unicorn Scrapbook Store ($25 GC).  So what are you waiting for?  Inspire us with your creations...Have an awesome day!  Always remember that our peace, happiness and victory is not dependent of this world but with every promises that God gave us.  Can't you tell, I just love the Lord?

35 comments:

  1. What a lovely card I like how you have decorated the inside and the envelop I love your image and the sentiment you have used thanks for taking the time to share with sweet pea stampers this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and envelope .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the stitching. Thanks for joining our Stitching Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting card! Love it

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous creation. Love your image and the Bible verse. TFS and for joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. O how this is a beautiful!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Jo Ann fantastic and gorgeous card.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love your envelope. I am so happy with myself if I manage to decorate the inside of my card. Now envelope... lol! Great card and colourd perfectly!
    Thank you for joining Brown Sugars Anything Goes Challenge this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful card. You can see a lot of thought and work has gone into it
    Thanks for join us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

    Zoe DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and stunning card JoAnn!! lovely image and beautiful colors.
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely card. Thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers sparkle and shine challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are some great details here! The little girl on the card reminds me of Ramona. So cute :) Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shape of this card. So much to see... lovely! Thank you for playing along with Sweet Pea Stampers "Sparkle and Shine". Good luck with this one! Hope to see more from you. Sylvia, DT-member Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super adorable card!! Love everything about it!! so MAny wonderful details and it's Perfect for Fall. Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this card is perfect! It looks like it was a lot of work but so worth it in the end. Fantastic Job!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenge.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously, you are an inspiring crafter. I always forget about decorating the insides of cards and/or my envelopes but it just makes the whole package. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing a second project at Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an absolutely stunning creation God Bles you and your firends lives. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. JoAnn this is just such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for the challenge at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a beautiful card. I love the fold and the colors. Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions Challenge! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! This is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for entering your gorgeous card into our Fall/Autumn challenge at Inky Impressions

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is amazing, what a great creation. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. This a pretty card! Love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful card. Love this stamp, design and fence. I’m so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl’s challenge.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  26. This one takes my breath away! Gorgeous! Love all the elements-just stunning!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful! Love the inside and envelope too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just popped by to admire your creation and thank you for entering our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply beautiful! LOVE the verse! So fitting for your card.
    Thanks for playing along in the Punch/Dies challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals!!! Sorry that I didn't comment earlier as I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card with such great dimension. Glad you joined us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whoa...what an intense card. Love all the layers. Cmc

    ReplyDelete
  33. A beautiful project. Thank you joining us on Cards Galore xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super cute card. Fun with her sitting in the tree. And lovely scripture added.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card, Jo Ann!! What a great design.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...