THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, December 23, 2013

Not a Card but Gift Card Holders with Note Tags---It's Another Anything Goes (No Twist) Challenge in my Neighborhood---613 Avenue Create!

Hello, everyone! This is a day late but yesterday was one of my busiest Sundays having so many things needed to get done in the Church.  I am so happy to say that I survived the day and everything went great!  Thanks be to God!  Christmas and New Year are just around the corner and as the days come by so quickly, my family had to face/will be facing another transition in life.  It's not always easy to accept when we get news that we know would affect our future.  If you know me at all, my usual reactions would be worry, stress or panic.  Sometimes, we can be so comfortable in life that a change or possibility of change throws us in a curve.  I've experienced in my lifetime many forks in the road, which should make me a pro but no, I still feel like a rookie at times.  On the other hand, if there's one important thing I learned from God's Word (through Bible class studies and life experiences)  was Jesus' Word in Matthew 6:31-34 which instructed us, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  In these verses, did Jesus tell us to worry about certain things?----Not at all!  His exact words said, "Do not worry about "ANYTHING!"  This includes every facets of our being---physical (health), finances, family, other relationships and the list goes on.  Philippians 4:19 declares, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."I believe Jesus had to warn us about the ill effects of worrying because it can damage our health, make the object of our worry dominate our thoughts and will affect our work's efficiency and productivity.  Furthermore, worry steals our peace of mind (affecting how we interact with other people) and cause us to doubt God's promises leading to distrusting Him in our lives.  As we face life's toughest situations, we are free to make a decision!  We can either cooperate with God by giving Him all our worries and follow His lead or try everything humanly possible (out of our own effort) to get results.  I would not say that allowing God to have full control of my situations is easy all the time.  Oftentimes, I have to come against my own will (which eagerly wants to get immediate results instead of patiently waiting for the Lord's time) and place it under submission to the will of the Holy Spirit living inside of me.  It's a constant battle inside my mind, in fact!  But in my current situation, I made my decision!  That is, I will wait for the Lord's revelation and act accordingly to His direction.  I will make a conscious choice to rid myself of any worry and put my full trust in the Lord.  After all, He gave me His word of assurance in John 14:27 which says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Are you facing trials in your life today?  Know that when we have the Lord Jesus in our hearts and enjoys a personal relationship with Him (Born-Again, John 3:3), we are not alone in our struggles.  Jesus paid the price for our freedom from the bondage of sin and death through the Cross and sealed the victory through His resurrection.  If He willingly gave His life for our eternal salvation, how much more will He not give what we need here on earth? TRUST IN THE LOVE THAT JESUS HAS FOR YOU!  He first loved me (When I was unlovable) and He taught me how to love....Hence, I can now love and trust Him back!  I want to share these scriptures to encourage you to fix your eyes upon Jesus regardless of your circumstances:

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  (Psalm 121:1-2)  

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  (Isaiah 41:10)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) 

Anyway, I would love to share with you my project for our Anything Goes Challenge (No Twist) this week at 613 Avenue Create.  For these gift card holders, I used three of the wonderful images from The Paper Shelter (one of our sponsors this week) namely "In the 20's, The Turkey is Ready and Adorable Ms. Hall.  I colored them with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Sharpie markers.  I had some difficulty coloring since the images were printed really small to fit the size of the gift card holders  which is 3.5 x 2.5 inches.  It was a lot of challenge to stay in the lines as the markers brush are not too pointy...LOL  I am thankful for the Lord's help in every way!  I selected some gorgeous DP's from K & Company for my gift card holder base.  I then cut, score and fold these DP's to form the gift card.  I went through my scraps to find wonderful DP's to compliment the base DP's of each gift cards and mat them with white and Kraft CS.  I made some tags and stamped it with a See D's stamp and I attached some ribbon.  I incorporated some sentiments from Studio G and Technique Tuesday clear stamps.  Finally, I tied a bow to secure the gift card.  The thing I love about this design is that I can include a personalized message which can make a gift card even more special.  I love making this though it can be time consuming but they are like mini cards that is oh so cute and versatile.  Hope you like them.


 ALL OCCASION GIFT CARD HOLDERS:

  ALL OCCASION GIFT CARD HOLDERS LAYERS:


 ALL OCCASION GIFT CARD HOLDERS INSIDE INSERTS:


 ALL OCCASION GIFT CARD HOLDERS INSERTS FOR GC AND PERSONAL MESSAGE:


SHOWING GIFT CARD AND NOTE TAG SHOWING BACK VIEW:


This Project is entered into the following Challenges:

Crafting by Designs---Wrap It Up (Way to wrap my gift cards)
Crafty Creations---ATG
Digistamps4Joy---ATG
Divas by Design---ATG
The Paper Shelter---ATG
Stamp n Doodle---ATG
Stamping Chef---ATG
Make It Monday---ATG
Challenges 4 Everybody---ATG
Digi Darla---ATG
Crafty Girls---ATG
Craftitude---ATG/Christmas Sparkle
Crafts 4 Eternity---ATG
Color Me Creative---Holiday Themed
Hobby Cutz---ATG
OSAAT---ATG
Craft Place---ATG
Anonymous Stamps---ATG
Artistic Inspirations---ATG
Crafting from the Heart---ATG
Digi Makeover---ATG
Melonheadz Friends---ATG
Bearly Mine---ATG
LEJ Designs---ATG
Scrapbook Stamp Society---ATG/Optional Christmas


This is all for now, dear friends!  Be sure to visit our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create and join us for our very easy Challenge this week---Anything Goes!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Wonderful prizes awaits our winners.  God bless y'all and have an awesome week!


38 comments:

  1. These are such wonderful gift ideas.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann - these are absolutely darling! What great gifts they make! The recipients are gonna LOVE them!
    ~ginny g
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The verse from Philippians 4 is one of my favorites! Dropping by this Christmas morning to say, may the blessings of this Christmas season be yours throughout the coming new year!!! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, exquisite!
    Searching for beauty and find hope
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014! Hugs from Spain. Leovi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea. Love them. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely gift card holders. I particularly like the inclusion of the tag to write a personal message. Good luck in our extended challenge. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous hun - love them - thank you for playing along at Crafting from The Heart x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gift card holders Thanks for joining us at crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great set of gift card holders - love the images you chosen and the extra depth you've given the holders. Thanks for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful card holders AJ.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    and

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator




    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge. Happy holidays Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great gift tags thankyou for joining our challenge at craftitude good luck fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the hearts third challenge good luck best wishes from Sharon DT member see you next time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card holders! I love them! Thanks for joining us at Craftitude.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are fantastic. Love the way you made them. I will remember me because I also need some over the year.
    Thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, it's beautiful! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at that craft place! Happy holidays Carlyann x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your gift card holders Jo Ann...great images and fabulous colouring..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous creations :) Thanks for joining us at TPS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at all these cute gift card holders!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that is a really cute idea for gift cards. I will have to give this a try. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these gift card holders! Always looking for new ideas in this area, and these are perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are fab I love them, great creations
    Thanks for joining us this week over at LEJ Designs challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge and Happy New Year
    Hugs
    Marie (DT for LEJ Designs)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant idea love the gift card holders,great images and B.papers -thanks for joining us at OSAAT
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely project...thanks for playing with Melonheadz Friends!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous, wonderful idea. Thanks for playing along @ OSAAT.
    Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great project with such lovely images and colours. Thanks for joining in with the Artistic Inspirations Challenge. Happy New Year! Suz xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Holiday creation, thanks for joining CMC Holiday challenge. DT Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh. I think this is so stinking cute. I love them all. Will try this out. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Chef.
    Hugs,
    Christine Garner

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations,
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous job xx thank you for taking part in the anything goes challenge over at Hobbycutz Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful giftcard holders you designed! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your gift card holders. Great coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp n Doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello again.. smiles..

    Again you have created masterpieces..
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Stamping Chef and Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Karen.DT.xx
    www.kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  34. JoAnn
    Your tags are gloriously full of life. I continue to enjoy all your so beautiful work. Blessings
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous gift card holders, thank you for joining us at Craftitude this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a super idea. Love it.

    Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great gift card holders - a very clever idea.

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are fabulous! I really enjoy looking at them. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...