THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scripture Series: Whose Hope is in the Lord Card---Join us for an Anything Goes (Uplifting) Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hello there, friends!  I am so glad to be back to my Wednesday posting for Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  I was down sick for several days last week that I had to skip making a project to get some rest.  Hubby only allowed me to go online just to inform concerned people of my condition.  Anyway, the worst days are over but still battling with colds and congestion (allergy-related).  As I was about to begin the featured project here, I prayed for the Lord's help to guide me and strengthen me to work even with such an inconvenience and I can tell you that He never failed me.  This New Year came to my family with challenges lined up one with another.  Health and financial issues have appeared early in the year and I will be in denial if I say they don't bother me.  I am usually a planner so, not having a clear perspective of the future is always a challenge.  Yet, I believe that God started to equip me, the past several years,  with greater knowledge and understanding of His working in my life by sending me to learn of His Word through Bible classes, wisdom through experiences and allowing me to reflect on moments that I was in a very trying situation yet, He saw me through.  Today, we are faced by several trials wanting to put us down and send us to the road of frustration.  Yet, I think to myself, is there another option?  But of course, THERE IS NONE!  It's either I trust in the Lord all the way or be devoured by the enemy (Satan) who does not have any  good intention but to kill, to steal and destroy me (John 10:10).  Though trials are coated with pain and suffering, it is also  in those times that I should cling to the Lord Jesus, my Savior, and meditate on the promises that was won in our behalf through His finished work in the Cross.  There, He defeated sickness and diseases, took our authority back from Satan, freed us from all kinds of bondage to sin, sin nature and Satan himself and won us our victory from death and eternal death.  No stone was left unturned when Jesus came and save all mankind.  His salvation is free and it's accessible to all by FAITH in Jesus Christ alone.  Therefore, I can claim the victory over sickness and diseases, over financial troubles, over every situation that seeks to put me down.  I remember our Pastor told us one morning, "God does not respond to our bawling, complaints and murmurings."  He responds to His Word---His promises!  We are to speak His Word to our situation and pray without ceasing till will see the manifestation of His promises in our lives.  We are people who depend so much on how we feel yet, faith is not a matter of feeling.  It is solely based on TRUST---knowing that we serve an awesome God who knows our beginning from our ending, He knows what's best for us!  Every minute of the day, my faith is tested based on what I feel, the condition of my body, family situation, relationships, finances and every aspect that affects human beings.  I can choose to break down and cry, yet what good will it do to my situation?  Nothing at all.  So amidst all the inclinations to worry, I made up my mind to keep trusting the Lord!  I know His answers come in the perfect time and all I need to do is to completely trust His working in my life.  Here's one of the verses given by the Lord that I hold onto each time I am bombarded by worries:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  (Matthew 6:25-34)

Anyway, here's my inspiration card for this week's WAW Challenge.  It features the free Word Art (designed by Karen Murray) in Psalm 146:5 which says, "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God."  This simply tells us that out trust should be founded in our Almighty God, our Creator, and not unto any man (establishment or government).  If we put our trust in man, we are destined to fail for man is full of imperfections.  God created us and knows the very purpose for each and everyone, based on the abilities and talents He has placed upon us.  He is more than capable to provide all of our needs and to equip us to fight the works of the enemy through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ!  He wants us to call unto Him for every concern, need, decisions and want to be the integral part of our lives.  When we put out trust in Him, we are putting our faith in a Solid Rock, the Rock of All Ages, the Strong Foundation that no powers of hell shall ever conquer.  To trust in man is to put our faith in a house made of sand---it crumbles and is washed away.  So, no matter what my situation seem to appear, I made up my mind to keep trusting the Lord who is in charge of my past, present and eternal future.  I am certainly in Good Hands!  For this Card, I used a very cute image from Mo Manning called "Superduper Boy" which I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  The base card is Kraft measuring 5.5 inches square.  The DP's are all from Paper Studio from the Newsworthy Stack (love this a lot!).  I die cut an octagon using my Nestabilities and adhered several metal brads for added dimension.  Lastly, I did some fancy and regular stitching all over this creation.  It was hard working with coughing and congestion but the Lord had been my source of inspiration and strength.  All glory to His Name!


 WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD CARD:


 WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD CARD LAYERS:


 WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD CARD INSIDE:


WHOSE HOPE IS IN THE LORD CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! ***  


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Create with TLC---Show it Off Sunday
Make It Monday---ATG
2 Creative Chicks---ATG
Cards Galore Encore---ATG
Doodle Pantry---Any Digi Goes
Heck of a Challenge---New (New Sentiment, Image and Papers)
Crafting Cafe---ATG
Crafting for all Seasons---All Things Bright and Beautiful
Creative Moments---ATG/Buttons and Pearls
Sisterhood of Crafters---Out with the Old, In with the New (Old: Brads/New: DP's, Image, Sentiment)
Whimsy Stamps---Something New (New Sentiment, Image and Papers)
Crafty Sentiments---ATG
Creative Craft Challenges---New (New Sentiment, Image and Papers)
Die Cuttin Divas---Out with Old, In with New (Die-cut: Nesties Old: Brads New:DP's, Image)
Inky Chicks---ATG
Just Inspirational---Children
LEJ Designs---ATG
Loves Rubberstamps---Use Metal (My brads are all metal)
Papertake Weekly---New Stash (New Sentiment, Image and Papers)
TTCRD---ATG
Try It On Tuesday---In with the New (New Sentiment, Image and Papers)
Lexi's Creations---ATG
Crafty Boots---ATG
Jo's Scrap Shack---ATG
Penny's Paper Crafty---Embellishments
My Heart Pieces---ATG
Sister Act---ATG
Crafty Girls---ATG


Time to go, everyone!  Please make sure to visit us at WAW and link up the projects you make out of our free Word Art although not mandatory.  You can link up any inspiring, uplifting, family-friendly projects, up to 5.  We have a couple of wonderful sponsors this week namely, Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps and Yours or Mine Paper Crafts.  That means a couple of chances to win so, head over to WAW and show us your wonderful projects.  Have a blessed week and remember to meditate on the Word of God day and night.  God has answers for every question, concern you have. 

40 comments:

  1. Always....always....always your cards fascinate me. Your coloring is superb. It looks like you spend hours on every creation. Love your work...and your sweet heart that always finds the most beautiful ways to praise the Lord! May you heal quickly and find blessings in all your circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little card, great image!
    Great card, fab image & the perfect colour combo!
    Thanks for joining in with the fun at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable creation. Thanks for joining us for Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 42.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! LOVE all the layers and stitching! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, lovely card and such a sweet little guy. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get to feeling better. I love this card for a little boy and your coloring is awesome! Hugs Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect male card, fab colouring and great layout. Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge#1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Thanks for joining at Heck of a Challenge: New
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card both inside and out, love the stitching and the wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #42!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card. You have coloured the image beautifully. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to encourage you that you are so right, Jo Ann. Keep trusting in the Lord. He will answer in His time. Recently we are seeing the answer to a two year serious illness a family member has had. Those two years took a toll on us mentally, physically and financially. If it weren't for the Lord I don't know how we would have made it through.

    Your card is fabulous! I love how you matted Super Duper Boy. Your workmanship is beautiful. A joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation and lovely image used. Your design is very impressive. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons and we hope to see you again soon...good luck in the challenge...luv aNNie [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cool and striking card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another outstanding project!!! I love popping by to see your great cards :) Love the papers and layout you've chosen to showcase this cute little superhero. Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your entire card .. thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, I love the image. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card, Love the colours, Thanks for playing on Crafty Girls this fortnight, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a stunning creation, thank you for sharing over at MIM, Kerry DT xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing, I just loved the inspiration, please never stop! Just loved your Project, super cute,Thanks for Joining in on the fun ~ Use Metal Challenge for Loves Rubber Stamps, DONT FORGET our Fabulous Sunday blog Hop for Blog Candy~ Larelle-Susanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome, Jo Ann! Adorable image and as always perfectly presented! Thanks for sharing with us here at Through The Craft Room Door!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  22. A super card! :) Thanks for joining in with the fun at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is brilliant, fab colouring! Thanks for joining us at Lexis, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card Jo Ann, just love the design and all that fab stitching !! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Centiments Designs !!

    Good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! Thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so glad you joined in with the LEJ Designs Challenge Blogs first monthly challenge. This months theme is a nice easy one 'anything goes'.

    What a fantastic card for a boy of any age. The image is brilliant and your colouring is perfect. Wonderful papers in the backing and I love the layout and dimension with the raised areas. I love this card an it have me a huge smile.

    I hope you will visit us again and join in with many more of our future monthly challenges.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Organiser

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing your cute card with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week
    Anita
    DCD Host and Sponsor Coordinator
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and design. Cute image and hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges 2 in our "New" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable Super Hero and I love the fabulous card design and details. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh so super cute boy card!Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jo Ann, just stopped by from the WAW DT to tell you how much I enjoyed your card this week and your inspirational message. I was sick recently also and could very much relate! {Hugs} Laura

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab card - love the different shapes you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is super sweet! Great design and it just pops.And your coloring is amazing. Thank you for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 42!
    Hugs
    Lorianna DPDT

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your card and your coloring is fabulous. Thank you for entering and sharing your card with us at the Whimsy Challenge "Something New" this month.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so amazing! i always love the way you decorate the inside and have the sliding pop outs - very neat! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs... We hope to see you play along with us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe this time - good luck! hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...